Wednesday, July 4, 2007

Loo Yi Hao @ the IAAF World Youth Championships

Loo Yihao from 4F will be flying off to the Czech Republic tonight for a 2 week long stint to participate in the IAAF World Youth Championships.
Here will represent the Singapore Junior Athletic squad in 100m there.
I had a chance to have a brief chat with Yi Hao, before he left today.

I still remember when me and Miss Lim Inn Siew taught him in Sec 1. To think that in the blink of an eye, our quiet Sec 1 boy is now in Sec 4 and representing Singapore at such a prestigous meet!

What makes me really proud was that, despite being given such a glamourous opportunity, from the little interview that I had with him, it is apparent that what is most important on his mind is not his own individual performance; rather it is whether he can make it back in time to compete with fellow Victorian team-mates in the National Schools Track and Field's Championship.

Spoken with the heart and soul of a true Victorian- let us all send our best wishes to Yi Hao in his coming days. He will send pictures back to me of the days ahead and I'll update once I get news.

No comments: