Saturday, March 14, 2009

VS Wushu Team: Beijing Training Trip- Compulsory Self Study

Hi parents,
As discussed prior to the trip, we set clear expectations for the Wushu Boys before heading off on the trip. As our focus is on training to prepare for competition, we also wanted the boys to spend more time to catch up on their holiday homework to ensure that they will not be stressed by homework and studies as competition date draws nearer.

Thus, once we have time during this trip, I will actually schedule time for rest and study. This morning after our initial tour of the school and shopping in Xiu Shui Jie in the afternoon, we returned for dinner.

The boys have been their playful and mischievous selves all this time but have also been very well behaved and it is my pleasure to be able to lead them on such a journey.

Tonight, as I assigned them their study duties and made my rounds, I was pleasantly surprised that all of them were really engaged in their own roomds, hard at work.


It's good to see all of the boys having fun and yet taking our instructions seriously. This means they are slowly maturing into Gentlemen and that is what martial arts training is all about

14032009057 - Share on Ovi

14032009058 - Share on Ovi

I'll spend some time going through reflections with them at the end of the day and will organise some games for them in the room. We will aim to sleep early at 10pm tonight before waking for breakfast tomorrow at 7.00am

I will update again as and when I can.

No comments: