Wednesday, March 4, 2009

'Zhng' my car

It started when I installed the Unichip ECU for my Honda Jazz and fitted out my dashboard with the accompanying gauges for Oil Temp, Water Temp and Volt.

However,the stand-alone units seemed rather spartan and try as I might, I could not find a suitable gauge cover.

So I did a bit of experiement.
First I got my hands on a Subaru gauge cover:



First came the 'surgical operation' to take it apart.
04/03/2009 - Share on Ovi
Yup, looks like crap now, right?

But with the help of my colleagues from the D&T Dept I managed to shape a left over piece of Jelutong softwood to mesh with the rear end of the cover after cutting and shaping the pieces.
04/03/2009 - Share on Ovi

After grinding and buffing, I made sure everything was flush.
Ahhh.. the wonders of a sanding belt and buffing wheel
04/03/2009 - Share on Ovi


Next to cover the exposed wood with black laminate.
04/03/2009 - Share on Ovi
Here, you can see up close the rough edges, but a quick pass with a cigarette lighter and voila, no more frays

Finally, with the help of some heavy duty 3M mounting foam tape, it is fitted right on top of my dash board. The wood backing and plastic moulding are quite well flushed.
04/03/2009 - Share on Ovi
04/03/2009 - Share on Ovi

Overall quite happy with the result :)
It might not be perfect fit but you got to stick you face right in to see where the joins are, especially from outside the car- not really visible.
04/03/2009 - Share on Ovi

A small triumph for me in a hectic year!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good day !.
You may , probably very interested to know how one can reach 2000 per day of income .
There is no need to invest much at first. You may begin to get income with as small sum of money as 20-100 dollars.

AimTrust is what you haven`t ever dreamt of such a chance to become rich
The firm represents an offshore structure with advanced asset management technologies in production and delivery of pipes for oil and gas.

Its head office is in Panama with structures around the world.
Do you want to become an affluent person?
That`s your chance That`s what you desire!

I feel good, I started to take up real money with the help of this company,
and I invite you to do the same. If it gets down to select a proper partner utilizes your savings in a right way - that`s the AimTrust!.
I take now up to 2G every day, and my first deposit was 1 grand only!
It`s easy to join , just click this link http://xygavydila.uvoweb.net/caqozu.html
and go! Let`s take our chance together to get rid of nastiness of the life

Anonymous said...

Good day, sun shines!
There have were times of troubles when I felt unhappy missing knowledge about opportunities of getting high yields on investments. I was a dump and downright pessimistic person.
I have never imagined that there weren't any need in large starting capital.
Nowadays, I'm happy and lucky , I begin take up real income.
It gets down to select a proper companion who uses your money in a right way - that is incorporate it in real business, parts and divides the income with me.

You can ask, if there are such firms? I'm obliged to tell the truth, YES, there are. Please be informed of one of them:
http://theinvestblog.com [url=http://theinvestblog.com]Online Investment Blog[/url]